Friday, October 22, 2010

Chapter two update

Apologies for the lackadaisical posting, my mind has been elsewhere this past week.

Chapter two is coming along nicely, but the nature of the scene is forcing me to take things slowly. I'm finding myself struggling with slowing things down enough so that I have a substantial body of description before the main events begin. As I mentioned before, chapter two is, in essence, chapter one from Zuriel's point of view and serves a dual purpose.

Chapter two gives a description of Zuriel in his rawest form; not yet delving too deep into his mind, the chapter serves to illustrate a few of his core principles, worries, thoughts and vices. Along with this gritty introduction, chapter two serves to illustrate the Court from an outsiders point of view. Drafting an in depth picture of the heartwood, chapter two shows just how vivid, showy, and out of place the Court truly is. From the Thuin's point of view the Court is a piece of art, a natural beauty that melds perfectly with the natural world...but to those outside, it's a vivid reminder of the Thuin's alien nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment